- Dedicated managed SHDSL modem
- 2-wire and 4-wire service over any copper infrastructure
- TC-PAM line coding for extended operation range of up to 10 km (6.2 miles)on 24 AWG
- Data rates between 64 kbps and 4608 kbps
- Four levels of QoS based on four VLAN priority queues (Ethernet units only)
ASMi-52L is an SHDSL modem that operates in full-duplex mode over 2-wire and 4-wire lines. Multiple data rates in the range of 64 to 4608 kbps are supported. Data rates depend on the line interface, DTE interface types, and operating clock modes. The Access Company ASMi-52L employs standard SHDSL TC-PAM technology to extend the transmission range (see Table 1) and enable carriers to reach more customers at lower costs.
User ports include X.21 and V.35 and E1 interfaces. A single Ethernet port option includes a 10/100BaseT bridge with VLAN support. A quad Ethernet port option includes a switch with four 10/100BaseT ports and support for VLAN ID transparent and VLAN priority.
ASMi-52L is available as a standalone plastic enclosure, or a rail-mount metal enclosure with an extended temperature range (4ETH service only).
Full management and monitoring of the remote unit is achieved using an Embedded Operation Channel (EOC). The management channel uses SHDSL overhead bits in compliance with ITU-T G.991.2 requirements, operating without interfering with the data transmission.
Management of Ethernet units is performed via the data port. ASMi-52L units can operate with ASMi-52CQ cards installed in a centrally located LRS-24 rack VLAN priority queues enable up to four levels of QoS (for Ethernet units only). Up to eight SHDSL repeaters can be installed in line to increase the operation range of the modem. ASMi-52L provides basic management of the repeaters.
Management operations can be performed using an ASCII terminal, a Telnet host, a web-based management application, or RADview-EMS. The latter is a Java-based, client-server, modular, scalable element management system that provides secure configuration and fault management capabilities.
The terminal port supports a dial-up modem connection for remote management of ASMi-52L over telephone lines.
A modem with a 4-wire line interface can be configured to operate over 2-wire lines.
Comprehensive diagnostic capabilities include:
- Real-time alarms to alert the user on fault conditions (reported by the management station)
- V.54 local analog and remote digital loopbacks
- SHDSL statistics collection for 15-minute and 24-hour intervals.
- The current configuration can be automatically uploaded and downloaded