- SHDSL modem for effective provisioning of TDM and Ethernet data services at rates of up to 4.6 Mbps
- Ethernet and E1 or serial data services multiplexed over SHDSL
- Operating range of up to 7.5 km (4.6 miles) on 26 AWG
- Data rates between 64 kbps and 4608 kbps
- Special rail-mount metal chassis for railways applications
MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY
Management operations can be performed using an ASCII terminal, a Telnet host, a web-based management application, or RADview. The latter is a Java-based, client-server, modular, scalable element
management system that provides secure configuration and fault management capabilities.
The terminal port supports a dial-up modem connection for remote management of ASMi-52 over telephone lines. SNMP management can be performed via a 10/100BaseT port or a dedicated E1/T1
timeslot. When ASMi-52 is ordered with only the 10/100BaseT port, it can be used to transfer both user and management data.
MONITORING AND DIAGNOSTICS
Comprehensive diagnostic capabilities include:
- Real-time alarms to alert the user on fault conditions
- V.54 local analog and remote digital loopbacks
- SHDSL and E1/T1 statistics collection for 15-minute and 24-hour intervals.
BER test can be performed by the multiplexer units on each serial interface. The BERT generates and receives four different test patterns.